College Football Playoffs, World Series, NBA Finals... Large national brands have become ingrained in professional-level sports. With fans' strong emotional ties to sports, companies know they can score some of the love by sponsoring halftime shows, finish lines, seating sections and more.
But sports sponsorship isn't just a game for the big leagues. Many savvy small businesses invest in sponsoring local community sports organizations. Some consider their sponsorship a charitable contribution and others, a form of advertising. Either way, it's a mutual relationship that pays off for the sponsor and the team.
Here are 6 reasons why your business should sponsor the Merritt Island Pop Warner organization:
- Increase awareness of the company's products and services. Each sponsorship package has benefits for the sponsor built in: field signage, website advertising, etc. Through a sponsorship, a company's brand will be in front of the youth sports market of parents, coaches, program organizers, players and fans.
- A welcomed form of advertising. In most settings consumers are inclined to tune out advertising. Although many traditional ways of reaching consumers are failing, youth sports sponsorships are a positive and engaging way to market a brand. Parents like to see the companies that are supporting local sports.
- Help keep the cost of youth sports programs low. Player participation fees cover the majority of the costs of a youth sports program but support from sponsors provides additional resources which can help keep participation fees low. With lower fees, more families are able to afford to sign up and that means more children being able to receive the many benefits of sports.
- Outstanding value for the dollars invested. Although sponsorship package costs vary from organization to organization, they commonly range from $100 up to $5,000 or more. When comparing the cost of other marketing outlets like print, television and billboard advertising, youth sports sponsorships can be a great value and a smart option to include into the marketing mix.
- Build goodwill. Companies that sponsor youth sports programs make a positive contribution to their community. Overall this can evoke a community wide feeling that a company understands the impact and importance of sports for their youth. This feeling can instill loyalty among a business' current and future patrons.
- Tax incentive. Merritt Island Sports Association is a registered nonprofit groups. If that is the case, businesses can get a tax break for making a charitable donation. That is just another added benefit of sponsoring youth sports.
We know $500 from a local company to a youth team goes a long way to offset the rising costs of sports. But what the company may find is that their sponsorship also goes a long way to strengthen the bond between their brand and their community. Thank you for your consideration!